Computer Accounting Administrators help businesses in everyday financial and administrative functions. Graduates of this program will be able to apply generally accepted accounting principles, prepare accounting documentation, be able to use computerised accounting systems, and much more. In 33 weeks, students can be certified and on their way to a new and exciting career.
Our training in bookkeeping and payroll careers from Sunview College provides a solid foundation for professional development in computerised accounting and payroll systems. Students will learn the professional and ethical standards required to work in the Canadian Payroll industry. Education in this field can allow you to advance in your field and potentially earn a higher salary.
This exceptional program qualifies graduates for careers such as
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Clerk
- Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk
- Administrative Assistant – to name a few.
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Insurance companies
- Federal, provincial and municipal governments
- Accounting and bookkeeping firms
Main duties for people in this field could be:
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms and other government documents
- Prepare tax returns and perform other personal bookkeeping services
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
|Unit ID||Unit Name|
|005||MS Excel – Advanced|
- Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent OR
- Mature Student (18 years of age or older) & A passing SLE TEST
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Sunview training isn't about getting a diploma - it's about making your career. Our emphasis is on practicality, and we believe that once concepts are understood in theory, your focus should be on the practical. By minimizing the amount of reading and increasing the hands-on practical experience, you will be better prepared to face any challenges with a new found confidence. We provide a practical approach and guidance for students looking to secure good placements in strong organizations in Canada. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
If you're interested in learning more about careers in Computerized Accounting and Office administration and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, an Admissions Counsellor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.