Course Code: D0058
A Production Supervisor is the person directly responsible for overseeing and organizing the equipment, staff, and processes on a production floor. They will oversee scheduling and routine production activities as well as acting as first-line troubleshooting should problems arise.
We strive to produce passionate and service-obsessed industry professionals.
Our program is centered on best business practices and skills related to the industry in Canada and abroad. Students receive a solid foundation of skills such as organisational, problem solving, communication, analytical and decision making abilities.
They are employed in a wide variety of manufacturing companies such as:
- Automotive Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Consumer Goods
- Doors and Windows
- Packaging & Assembly
- POP Display Assembly
They perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble, fabricate and inspect products, such as jewellery, clocks, watches, bicycles, millwork, sporting goods and toys
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machines and equipment.
|Unit ID||Unit Name|
|001||Microsoft Office Suite Applications|
|003||Project Management Planning (PMP)|
|004||Leadership and Teambuilding|
|006||Advanced Production Supervisor|
|007||Fundamentals of Quality|
- Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent OR
- Mature Student (18 years of age or older) & A passing SLE TEST
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Sunview training isn't about getting a diploma - it's about making your career. Our emphasis is on practicality, and we believe that once concepts are understood in theory, your focus should be on the practical. By minimizing the amount of reading and increasing the hands-on practical experience, you will be better prepared to face any challenges with a new found confidence. We provide a practical approach and guidance for students looking to secure good placements in strong organizations in Canada. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
If you're interested in learning more about careers in the production supervision and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, an Admissions Counselor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.