The Hospitality and Tourism industry is an exciting and rapidly expanding industry that offers a variety of career prospects worldwide. With more people traveling today than ever before, the need for top-notch customer service been higher. Whether you plan to go into catering or the culinary arts, or Event Management, Sunview's Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism provides diverse avenues for our Food Service professionals to pursue.
Our Diploma in Food Services from Sunview College provides a solid foundation for a professional career in the Hospitality Management and Tourism industry. Students will learn the professional and ethical standards required to work in catering, hotel management, and tourism fields.
This exceptional program qualifies graduates for careers such as:
- Cook's Assistant
- Kitchen/cafeteria aid
- Fast-food Preparer
- Specialty Food Preparer and Server
- Food Service Assistant - to name a few
Numerous outstanding employers hire Sunview College grads, including:
- Special Events i.e weddings, corporate, and other events
- School or hospital cafeteria
- Restaurant management
Main duties for people in this field could be:
- Take orders and relay to kitchen
- Serve food and beverages
- Prepare and serve specialty foods at patrons' tables
- Clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs using manual and electric appliances
- Wash work tables, cupboards and appliances.
- Remove trash and clear kitchen garbage containers
- Unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas
- Sweep and mop floors, and perform other duties to assist cook and kitchen staff
|Unit ID||Unit Name|
|001||Institutional Food Services/Role of a Food Worker|
|002||Communication Skills for the Food Service Industry|
|003||Sanitation and Safety|
|004||Quantity Food Preparation|
|005||Nutrition and Health|
|007||Job Search and Career Development|
- Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent OR
- Mature Student (18 years of age or older) & A passing SLE TEST
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Sunview training isn't about getting a diploma - it's about making your career. Our emphasis is on practicality, and we believe that once concepts are understood in theory, your focus should be on the practical. By minimizing the amount of reading and increasing the hands-on practical experience, you will be better prepared to face any challenges with a new found confidence. We provide a practical approach and guidance for students looking to secure good placements in strong organizations in Canada. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
If you're interested in learning more about careers in the Food Services and Hospitality industry and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, an Admissions Counselor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.Apply Now