ITIL® Foundation is the most important certificate for IT professionals and employees wanting to update their skills and experience in IT Service Management.
Organizations that work according to ITIL use the complete ITIL exam program for training personnel based on their roles. Their ITIL skills enable them to perform and cooperate better.
The IT Infrastructure Library®, ITIL®, is a series of documents that are used to aid the implementation of a framework for IT Service Management (ITSM® ). This framework defines how Service Management is applied within specific organisations. Being a framework, it is completely customizable for application within any type of business or organisation that has a reliance on IT infrastructure.
ITIL provides a comprehensive, consistent and coherent set of best practices for IT Service Management processes, promoting a quality approach to achieving business effectiveness and efficiency in the use of information systems.
The course prepares you for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. This certification is the prerequisite for the Intermediate and Expert levels of ITIL® certification.
This course is especially beneficial to:
- Employees involved in the management of an IT Infrastructure who are required to work within working processes that are, or will be, organized according to ITIL
- Candidates who wish to progress further to the Practitioner or Manager's Certificate in IT Service Management or to certification in the area of ISO 2000
- Staff entering an IT environment who might have day-to-day responsibilities within one or more of the service management disciplines
- Staff working in an IT service management discipline who wish to broaden their understanding of how their role fits into the wider service management framework
- Other staff whose effectiveness would be enhanced by a greater awareness and understanding of best practices in IT service management
- Service Management as a Practice (Comprehension)
- The ITIL Service Lifecycle (Comprehension)
- Generic Concepts and Definitions (Awareness)
- Key Principles and Models (Comprehension)
- Selected Processes (Awareness)
- Selected Functions (Awareness)
- Selected Roles (Awareness)
- Technology and Architecture (Awareness)
- Competence and Training (Awareness)
There are no mandatory prerequisites. Work experience in IT services is recommended.
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Days||Campus|
|Mar 8||Mar 10||3 days||Wed - Fri||Scarborough|
|Mar 11||Mar 25||3 days||Sat||Mississauga|
|Apr 5||Apr 7||3 days||Wed - Fri||Mississauga|
|Apr 8||Apr 22||3 days||Sat||Scarborough|
|May 13||May 27||5 days||Sat||Mississauga||May 29||May 31||3 days||Mon - Wed||Scarborough|