Course Code: 504
This program will provide students with the ability to assist small to mid/large sized companies in implementation, configuration, programming, troubleshooting, administering, and managing enterprise networks.
Computer Network Engineers design data communication networks, such as local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems. This includes selecting the hardware and software, determining the layout of cables, and overseeing other IT professionals to create networks.
The majority of computer network architects work full-time, although overtime work is common. Few physical demands and risks are associated with this career. Computer architects spend long periods of time in front of computers. In addition, IT certification in networking offers targeted training for a network computer engineer.
Get Quality IT Training for Jobs that are In Demand
Organizations of all kinds need trained IT professionals to maintain, test, and troubleshoot their computer networks. Network Engineering professionals are required to possess a thorough understanding of servers, networks, and related software. They may work directly for companies as part of an in-house team, or through third party network technology providers.
As reliance on network computing grows, so does the need for expert network professionals.
Course Benefits - Add Globally Recognized Certifications to Your Resume
The Network Engineering graduates will be well prepared with the knowledge and practice of the following certifications :
- MCSA Certification (3)
- Exchange Server (2)
- SQL Microsoft Database (5)
- Advanced Miscrosoft Server (5)
Certification fees are not included in program fees
This exceptional program qualifies graduates for careers in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors as below:
- Internet Website Technician
- LAN Administrator
- Computer Network Technician
- Data Centre Operator
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Technician
- System Administrator
Some of the responsibilities of a Network Engineer include:
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, and administering the use of computer networks
- Evaluating and installing computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems
- Providing problem-solving services to network users
- Performing routine network start up and close down and maintaining control records
- Performing data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Conducting tests and performing security and quality controls
- Controlling and monitoring e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software
- Performing shell scripting or other basic scripting tasks
- Supervising other workers in this group
Cutting-edge IT training, taught by industry professionals!
Learn Essential Skills from Industry Professionals
Sunview College class sizes are small, so every Network Engineer student receives one-on-one attention from our dedicated instructors. We only hire teachers with industry experience, so you can trust that our IT training is relevant and our tools are cutting-edge.
|Unit ID||Unit Name|
|001||Computer Systems Hardware and Operating Systems|
|008||Linux+||009||Cisco Certified Network Associate||010||Business Applications||011||Business Analysis||012||Business Report Writing||013||Labs and Projects|
- College Diploma or College or University degree OR
- WES or ICAS evaluated College Diploma or College or University degree (If taken overseas)
- Personal Suitability Interview with Sunview College Admissions Representative
Get the Support You Need to Advance Your Career
A Successful training isn't about getting a diploma - it's about getting results in your career. Our emphasis is on practicality. We believe that once concepts are understood in theory, your focus should be on the practical. By minimizing the amount of reading and increasing the hands-on practical experience, you will be better prepared to face workplace challenges with confidence. We provide practical approach and guidance for students looking to secure good placements in strong organizations in Canada and other countries. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
Is a Challenging Network Engineering Career Right for You? Get More Info…
If you're interested in learning more about careers in Network Engineering and exploring whether studies in this area is the right path for you, fill out the form to learn more. A Sunview College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.