Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism
The Hospitality and Tourism industry is an exciting and rapidly expanding industry that offers a variety of career prospects worldwide. With more people traveling today than ever before, the need for top-notch customer service and hospitality management has never been higher. Whether you plan to go into hotel management, or share your culinary skills or your passion for travel, Sunview’s Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism provides diverse avenues for our professionals to pursue.
The Hospitality and Tourism industry is an exciting and rapidly expanding industry that offers a variety of career prospects worldwide. We strive to produce passionate and service-obsessed industry professionals. Our program is centered on best business practices and skills related to the industry in Canada and abroad. Students receive a solid foundation of skills such as critical thinking, problem solving and communication.
This exceptional program qualifies graduates for careers such as:
- Restaurant Manager
- Hotel Management/Staff
- Travel Guides
- Resort worker or Travel Planning Consultant
- Culinary and Catering Services
- Special Event Management – to name a few
Numerous outstanding employers hire Sunview College grads, including:
- Special Events i.e weddings, corporate, and other events
- Travel Planning
Main duties for people in the Hospitality Management sector could include:
- Recruiting, training, and supervising staff in customer service
- Managing the day-to-day operations, including maintenance, accommodations, and customer service
- Addressing any customer complaints and investigating any other personnel or operational issues
- Managing and updating financial records, budgets, and overseeing other administrative duties
- Managing and coordinating bookings for special events, conferences, etc, which may include liaising with third party agents/other stakeholders
Main duties for people in the Tourism sector could include:
- Providing information about popular destinations and travel options for customers
- Planning and coordinating travel plans and bookings for customers
- Managing bookings for flights, hotel, and other transportation services
- Serving as a tour guide for customers and accompanying them on short or long excursions and adventures
|Unit ID||Unit Name|
|004||Statistics for Business|
|006||Computer Applications in Business|
|010||Fundamentals Of Marketing|
|011||Introduction To Human Resource Management|
|012||Fundamentals Of Accounting|
|017||Introduction To Hospitality & Tourism|
|018||Managing Front Office Operations|
|020||Food & Beverage Management|
|022||Training & Development in Hospitality Industry|
|023||International & Canadian Tourism|
|024||Managing Technology in Hospitality Industry|
- Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent
- Mature Student (18 years of age or older) & A passing SLE TEST
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Sunview training isn’t about getting a diploma – it’s about making your career. Our emphasis is on practicality, and we believe that once concepts are understood in theory, your focus should be on the practical. By minimizing the amount of reading and increasing the hands-on practical experience, you will be better prepared to face any challenges with a new found confidence. We provide a practical approach and guidance for students looking to secure good placements in strong organizations in Canada. Financial aid is available to those who qualify.
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in the Hospitality industry and exploring whether this is the right career path for you, an Admissions Counselor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
Join Sunview College To Further Your Career Today!
Become Part of the Sunview Community and Scale New Heights!