The Skin Care and Spa industry is a rapidly expanding and exciting industry to be part of. As this industry grows, the need for highly trained and specialized professionals is at an all-time high.
A Sunview College provides the skills from Theory to Practical Knowledge which are utilised daily in the Beauty Industry. A Diploma provides a measure of confidence to the public by giving them a credential for judging the competency of practitioners as they apply their knowledge and skills.
Do you follow the latest beauty trends and love helping others look their best? With an Esthetics Diploma, you could transform your passion into a rewarding profession, and enter a job market where your skills are in high demand.
Estheticians are experts in non-surgical beauty treatments. They administer facials, advise customers on cosmetics, perform waxing, and share best practices in daily skin care. In Sunview’s program, you’ll learn all the techniques and professional secrets you need to build a loyal base of satisfied customers.
The skin care and spa sector is rapidly expanding and the need for highly trained and specialized professionals is at an all-time high. Graduates from Sunview’s Esthetics program find work in wide range of businesses, including:
- Day Spas
- Destination resorts
- Cruise ships
In addition, many estheticians have the option to become self-employed, building their own client base and scheduling their own appointments. Typical salaries for Esthetics graduates range from $12/hr to $22/hr.
Main duties for people in this field could be:
- Give facial and other body treatments using specialized products and techniques.
- Advise customers on the use of make-up and other beauty products and apply make-up to customers;
- May specialize in applying makeup to models or other individuals for special occasions.
- Clean, shape and polish fingernails and toenails and provide related treatments
- Perform eyebrow shaping, including correctly measuring brows, perfect eyebrow arching, and eyebrows for men.
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting and eyebrow shaping, along with thorough knowledge of client consultation, preparing the area, preparing the dye, hygiene and safety requirements.
||Introduction to Esthetics
||Bacteriology and Decontamination
||Cells, Anatomy and Physiology
||Human Anatomy and Physiology
||Disorders and Diseases of the Skin
||Basic Chemistry ,Cosmetic Ingredients
||Electrotherapy for Esthetician
||Manicures and Pedicures
||Make-Up Artistry, Lash & Eyebrow Enhancement
||Cosmetic Massage & SPA Body Therapies
||Salon / SPA Business Management
||Career Planning and Employment Skills
||Job Shadowing Placement
- Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent
- Mature Student (18 years of age or older) & A passing SLE TEST
- Provide police check (Clearance) of Criminal Record and Medical Clearance (Medical Check)
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Sunview College proven methods of intelligent direction and hands on practical training allow graduates to exceed industry standards. Students are taught by qualified professionals who are in the know and hold years of teaching experience. Our student-centered philosophy ensures that all students receive the personal attention they deserve through in class training, seminars and comprehensive practical training in our established spa and student clinic.
“Excellent teaching, cooperative and supportive instructor, enjoyed all the practical. I am now thinking of starting my own business. Overall, an excellent educational experience.” – Jagrati Patel, Sunview Graduate
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Esthetics and exploring whether this is the right career path for you. A helpful Sunview College Admissions Counsellor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid