Course Code: 205
Medical and Dental office assistants have become an important part of the healthcare team with expanding job responsibilities. As a medical or dental office administrator, you are often responsible for greeting patients, scheduling appointments, filing records, and purchasing supplies and equipment. Other duties may include patient admissions and medical transcription. Regardless of the size of the office you work for, you will use computers to enter and access important patient information.
If you enjoy helping others and are interested in getting established in a steady professional career, without spending years in school, training as a Medical and Dental office assistant is an excellent opportunity.
Sunview College offers a unique training program in Medical and Dental office Administration. Learning the skills required to work in either office environment essentially increases your chances of finding a new career in an area you enjoy.
Program available in our Mississauga, Scarborough, and Brampton centers.
We provide the hands-on training, practical experience and support it takes to pursue a rewarding career. Graduates of this program enter the professional world with confidence after gaining plenty of practical experience in front office procedures as well as learning the social skills to succeed in a healthcare environment. This program can be completed in under 10 months and our students can get work as -
- Hospital Front desk
- Clinic Front Desk/Administrator
- Doctor's Office Administrator
- Medical Transcriptionist
- Medical Office Administrator
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Support Staff
- Hospital ward/unit Clerk
- Administrative Assistant
- Medical Receptionist
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Records Clerk
- Dental Office Administrative Assistant
- Dental Office Manager
Salaries for MOA graduates range from $15/hr to $23/hr.
Main duties for people in this field could be:
- Schedule and confirm medical appointments
- Prepare, key in, edit, and proofread medical records, reports, articles, case histories and correspondence from machine dictation
- Interview patients in order to complete forms, documents and case histories
- Complete insurance and other claim forms
- Initiate and maintain confidential medical files and records
- Prepare financial statements and billing procedures
- Order supplies and maintain inventory
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
|Unit ID||Unit Name|
|001||Microsoft Office Suite Applications|
|003||Medical Office Procedures|
|005||Dental Office Procedures and Billing|
- Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent OR
- Mature Student (18 years of age or older) & A passing SLE TEST
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Career training isn't about getting a diploma - it's about getting a job you love. Our emphasis is on practicality. We believe that once concepts are understood in theory, your focus should be on the practical. By minimizing the amount of reading and increasing the hands-on practical experience, you will be better prepared to face workplace challenges with confidence.
We provide practical approach and guidance for students looking to secure good placements in strong organizations.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
What our students say
“I had a wonderful experience going back to studying after so many years. I had a great group of teachers and classmates. To end it all, I was given an excellent placement” - Edna Robinson – Medical Administration Graduate
Is a Rewarding Healthcare Administration Career Right for You? Get More Info… If you're interested in exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form to learn more. A helpful Sunview College Admissions Counsellor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.Apply Now