PG Diploma in Industrial Bio-Technology & Bio-Informatics
The objective of this program is to help students acquire the key knowledge and skills necessary to develop a successful career within the biotechnology sector. This program combines general business fundamentals with specific industry knowledge, along with helping students excel in any position within the biotechnology and bioinformatics industry.
Post Graduate credentials allow you to advance in your field and potentially earn a higher salary. Typical salaries for graduates from this course range from $30.00/hr to $52.32/hr.
Course Benefits – Add Globally Recognized Certifications to Your Resume
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff
Career opportunities for graduates in this field include:
- Molecular Biologist
- Bio-analytical Chemist
- Coatings Chemist
- Environmental Chemist
- Food Chemist
- Inorganic Chemist
- Medical Biochemist
Main duties for people in this field could be:
- Biotechnologists develop products from living systems. Biotechnology commonly refers to genetically derived materials, but can also refer to developments based in microbiology, molecular biology and cell biology.
- Biotechnologists work within several different industries including agriculture, food manufacturing, healthcare and pharmaceuticals.
- Biotechnology professionals may specialize in one or more subfields. Specialties include genomics, the comparative study of gene structures; proteomics, which is the study of protein structures; and bioinformatics, which combines biology, computer science and information technology. Products developed by biotechnologists include high-yield crops, disease-resistant farm animals, gene therapy treatments, drugs and biofuels.
- Bioinformaticians develop systems to gather data. Examples include constructing a survey methodology, designing a clinical trial for a new medication, and programming a statistical model for population growth.
- Develop databases to compile vast amounts of information from activities such as gene expression profiling and protein expression.
- A key aspect of bioinformatics is the creation of data algorithms and specialized computer software to identify and classify components of a biological system, such as DNA and protein sequences. They consult with other scientists and researchers to analyze data sets.
- Bioinformaticians in leadership positions oversee other scientists and laboratory technicians, maintain laboratory documents and keep current with relevant scientific or medical journals. They may perform fundraising activities such as attending events and writing grant proposals.
|Bioreactors and Bioprocess Engineering
|Industrial Appllications Case Studies
|Legal Aspects of Biotechnology
|Soft Skills for Business
|Labs and Projects
- Post Secondary education in any one of the following: Food Sciences, Human Nutrition, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, Microbiology, or Molecular Biology OR
- Mature Student (18 years of age or older) & A passing SLE TEST
- Personal Suitability Interview with Sunview College Admissions Representative
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Sunview College proven methods of intelligent direction and hands on practical training allow graduates to exceed industry standards. Students are taught by qualified professionals who are in the know and hold years of teaching experience. Our student-centered philosophy ensures that all students receive the personal attention they deserve through in class training, seminars and comprehensive practical training in our established spa and student clinic.
“Excellent teaching, cooperative and supportive instructor, enjoyed all the practical. I am now thinking of starting my own business. Overall, an excellent educational experience.” – Jagrati Patel, Sunview Graduate
If you’re interested in learning more and exploring whether this is the right career path for you. A helpful Sunview College Admissions Counsellor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid