The Health and Beauty industry is a rapidly expanding and exciting industry to be part of. As this industry grows, the need for highly trained and specialized professionals is at an all-time high.
A Sunview College provides the skills from theory to practical knowledge which are utilized daily in the Beauty industry. A Diploma in Hairstyling provides a measure of confidence to the public by giving them a credential for judging the competency of practitioners as they apply their knowledge and skills.
Our training in Hairstyling from Sunview College provides a solid foundation for professional development in the Health and Beauty industry.
This exceptional program qualifies graduates for careers such as:
- Barber or Hairstylist
- Hairdresser or Hairdresser Apprentice
- Hair Colour Technician
- Wig Stylist – to name a few
Numerous outstanding employers hire Sunview College grads, including:
- Barbershops and Salons
- Specialty hair and beauty retail stores
- Healthcare facilities
- Hospitals – outpatient wig styling
- Entertainment industry – theatre and film
Main duties for people in this field could be:
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces
- Apply hair extensions
- May shampoo and rinse hair
- May perform receptionist duties and order supplies
- May train or supervise other hairstylists, hairstylist apprentices and helpers.
|Unit ID||Unit Name|
|001||Ethics, Regulation, and Policy|
|002||Health & Safety|
|006||Preparatory Procedures & Treatments|
|010||Chemically Relaxing Hair|
|011||Colouring and Lightening|
- Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent
- Mature Student (18 years of age or older) & A passing SLE TEST
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Sunview College’s proven methods of intelligent direction and hands on practical training allow graduates to exceed industry standards. Students are taught by qualified professionals who are in the know and hold years of teaching experience. Our student-centered philosophy ensures that all students receive the personal attention they deserve through in class training, seminars and comprehensive practical training in our established spa and student clinic.
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Esthetics and exploring whether this is the right career path for you. An Admissions Counselor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid
Join Sunview College To Further Your Career Today!
Become Part of the Sunview Community and Scale New Heights!