Office Administrators are important to the business world. They perform a variety of secretarial and administrative duties which can include the inputting of data, writing reports, assisting the billing department, and more.
Our training in Office Administration Careers from Sunview College provides a solid foundation in General office and work on preparing correspondence, reports, statements and other material, operate office equipment, answer telephones and perform clerical duties of a general nature according to established procedures.
Students will learn the professional and ethical standards required to work in the Canadian offices throughout the public and private sectors. Education in this field can allow you to advance in your field and potentially earn a higher salary.
This special program qualifies graduates for careers such as:
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Microsoft Office Suite specialist
- Professional Office Support
- Records Clerk
- Office Assistant
- General Office Clerk
Main duties for people in this field could be:
- Key in, edit, proofread, and finalize correspondence, reports, statements, invoices, forms, presentations, and other documents
- Respond to telephone, in person or electronic inquiries
- Provide general information to clients and the public
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
- May perform bookkeeping
- May order office supplies and arrange for servicing in the case of major repairs.
- Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
- May perform bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and bank deposits
- May sort, process and verify applications, receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
- Ordering office supplies, service office equipment and arrange for servicing in the case of major repairs.
|Unit ID||Unit Name|
|003||MS Office Word – Basic, Int., Adv 1,2 & 3|
|004||MS Excel – Basic, Inter, Adv 1|
|005||MS PowerPoint – Basic, Inter|
|009||Microsoft Front Page – Web Design|
|013||Job Search Assistance|
FLEXLEARN: Expert-facilitated subject matter, ability to advance at your own pace, and extra courses offered at no extra charge.
- Ontario Grade 12 or equivalent OR
- Mature Student (18 years of age or older) & A passing SLE TEST
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Sunview College training isn't about getting a diploma - it's about getting results in your career. Our emphasis is on practicality. We believe that once concepts are understood in theory, your focus should be on the practical. By minimizing the amount of reading and increasing the hands-on practical experience, you will be better prepared to face any challenges with a new found confidence.
Is a Rewarding Office Administration Career Right for You? Get More Info… If you're interested in exploring whether this is the right career path for you, fill out the form to learn more. An Admissions Counsellor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.Apply Now