PG Diploma in Database Administration
Course Code: 503
This program will provide students with the ability to assist small to mid/large sized companies in capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, as well as backup and data recovery.
If you have an educational background in IT and are looking to increase your credentials or advance your career, a streamlined Post Graduate diploma in Database administration is an excellent opportunity.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Database Administrator from Sunview College provides students with the ability to assist small to mid/large sized companies in designing, developing, and administering data management solutions using database management software. Data administrators develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
Post Graduate credentials allow you to advance in your field and potentially earn a higher salary. The average salary for a Database Administrator (DBA) is C$65,997 per year
Course Benefits – Add Globally Recognised Certifications to Your Resume
The Database administrator graduates will be well prepared with the knowledge and practice of the following certifications :
- MCSA Certifications (3)
- Exchange Server (2)
- SQL Microsoft Database (2)
- Oracle (2)
Certification fees are not included in program fees
This exceptional program qualifies graduates for careers such as –
- Data Administrator/Custodian/Dictionary Administrator
- Data Modeler/Architect/Modeler
- Database Administrator/Developer/Analyst/BI
- Developer/Warehouse Analyst
- Database Consultant
- Information Technology Consultant
- Computer Systems Analyst
- IT Project Manager
- Database Programmer
Main duties for people in this field could be:
- Develop and implement data administration policy, standards and models
- Research and document data requirements, data collection and administration policy, data access rules and security
- Develop policies and procedures for network and/or internet database access and usage and for the backup and recovery of data
- Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability, security and suitability of data
- Write scripts related to stored procedures and triggers. May lead and co-ordinate teams of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models.
|Unit ID||Unit Name|
|002||MCSA: Microsoft Server 2012: Installation|
|003||MCSA: Microsoft Server 2012: Administration|
|004||MCSA: Microsoft Server 2012:Advanced|
|005||Exchange Server 2013 Core Solutions|
|006||Exchange Server 2013 Advanced Solutions|
|007||Fundamentals of Project Management|
|008||IT Business Analysis|
|009||SQL Microsoft Database 2012: Querying|
|010||SQL Microsoft Database 2012: SQL Ac|
|011||SQL Microsoft Database 2012: Implementation|
|012||SQL Microsoft Database 2012: Development|
|013||SQL Microsoft Database 2012: Design|
|014||Oracle 12C: Database Administration|
|016||Projects & Lab I|
- College Diploma or College or University degree in IT or related field and 1 year work experience in an IT technical role
- WES or ICAS evaluated College Diploma or College or University degree (If taken overseas)
Get the Support You Need to Advance Your Career
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career Post Graduate training isn’t about getting a diploma – it’s about getting results in your career. Our emphasis is on practicality. We believe that once concepts are understood in theory, your focus should be on the practical. By minimizing the amount of reading and increasing the hands-on practical experience, you will be better prepared to face workplace challenges with confidence. We provide practical approach and guidance for students looking to secure good placements in strong organizations in Canada and other countries. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
What our students say
“I appreciate the professional training I received from Sunview. I was really helpful. It has truly been a life changing and remarkable experience … I would definitely recommend your institute to my friends.” Balvinder Arora – Sunview Graduate
Is a Challenging Database administrator Career Right for You? Get More Info…
If you’re interested in learning more about careers in Database administrator and exploring whether post graduate studies in this area is the right path for you, fill out the form to learn more. A helpful Sunview College Admissions Representative would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid.
Join Sunview College To Further Your Career Today!
Become Part of the Sunview Community and Scale New Heights!