PgMP Certification Preparation Training
The PgMP credential recognizes the effort involved in program management, including coordinating project teams, product delivery, support, operations, and people from other functional groups.
This course covers the essential PgMP terminology, tools, and techniques covered on the PMI PgMP exam, improves your program management competency, and increases your ability to contribute to your company’s success.
You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to effectively navigate the program management discipline and successfully prepare for the PgMP certification exam.
The key objectives of the PgMP credential are to teach you:
- Key program management principles relevant to this exam
- Key PgMP terminology and definitions
- How to identify and sequence projects to help estimate, schedule, and optimize resources
- How to set up communication, collaboration, and reporting structures
- Various tools and techniques essential for PgMP exam success
- Programs vs. Projects vs. Portfolios
- Benefit Management
- Stakeholder Management
- “The Standard for Program Management” overview
- The Five Process Groups and the Nine Knowledge Areas
- Program Life Cycle vs Program Management Process
- Establishing Program Direction
- Defining the Program Scope and Charter
- Defining Accountability, Roles and Responsibilities
- Differentiating Between Program and Project Resources
- Establishing Governance, Tools, Finance and Reporting
- Identifying Success Criteria
- Interface and Transition Planning
- Planning Program Scope, Schedule, Cost, Resources and Quality
- Planning Program Communication, Risk and Procurement
- Integrating Constituent Project Plans
- Determining Program Deliverables and Tasks
- Acquiring and Developing the Program Team
- Peforming Quality Assurance and Information Distribution
- Consolidating Project and Program Data
- Monitoring Program Performance
- Chartering Constituent Projects
- Assigning Project Managers and Allocating Resources
- Establishing Consistent Project Standards
- Controlling Program Risks, Issues, Communication and Contracts
- Measuring Benefits Realization
- Forecasting Simulated Program Outcomes
- Managing Program-Level Issues
- Applying the Change Management Plan
- Closing Components and Contracts
- Comparing Actual and Planned Quality, Cost, Schedule Values
- Executing the Transition Plan
- Initiating a Benefits-Realization Measurement
- Releasing Resources
- Reporting Lessons Learned
For anyone to apply for a PgMP training course and thereby a PgMP certification, the applicant must have:
- A four year degree (bachelor’s or the global equivalent), with at least four years of project management experience and four years of program management experience
- A secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent), with at least four years of project management experience and seven years of program management experience
If you have not gained enough experience in project and program management to meet these eligibility requirements, consider the Project Management Professional (PMP)® credential.
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Sunview College proven methods of intelligent direction and hands on practical training allow graduates to exceed industry standards. Students are taught by qualified professionals who are in the know and hold years of teaching experience. Our student-centered philosophy ensures that all students receive the personal attention they deserve through in class training, seminars and comprehensive practical training in our established spa and student clinic.
What our Students Say
“Excellent teaching, cooperative and supportive instructor, enjoyed all the practical. I am now thinking of starting my own business. Overall, an excellent educational experience.” – Jagrati Patel, Sunview Graduate
If you’re interested in learning more and exploring whether this is the right career path for you. A helpful Sunview College Admissions Counsellor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid
Join Sunview College To Further Your Career Today!
Become Part of the Sunview Community and Scale New Heights!