PMI-ACP Agile Certification
Agile project management has recently drawn attention as a viable technique to delivering projects in an environment where there is uncertainty surrounding the product to be delivered, as well as, the processes to deliver that product. Project managers, therefore, are increasingly embracing agile methodologies and frameworks for managing successful projects.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) came up with its Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification to test an individual’s ability to deliver products in an agile environment.
This three-day workshop will assist you to understand the concepts of agile project management and be able to prepare for PMI-ACP certification exam, which focuses on Tools and Techniques (T&Ts) and Knowledge and Skills (K&Ss) in six different domains, namely, Value-Driven Delivery, Stakeholder Engagement, Boosting Team Performance Practices, Adaptive Planning, Problem Detection and Resolution, and Continuous Improvement.
This course is targeted towards project managers and project team members who are seeking to understand the agile project management concepts and want to be able to appear in PMI-ACP Certification exam.
- Importance of the Exam, Qualifying for Exam, Exam Assumptions, Exam Contents, Tools and Techniques (T&Ts), Knowledge and Skills (K&Ss), Domains, Exam Score Breakdown
- Agile Framework – Agile Manifesto, Guiding Principles, Declaration of Independence (DOI), Agile Process Overview
- Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), Feature-Driven Development (FDD), Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM), Crystal, Lead Software Development, Kanban
- Tools and Techniques – ROI, NPV, IRR, Chartering, Value Stream Mapping, Customer-Valued Prioritization, Relative Prioritization / Ranking, Product Roadmap, Risk Adjusted Backlog, Task / Kanban Boards, WIP Limits, Customer-Valued Prioritization, EVA, CFDs, Risk Burndown Graphs
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 1) – Prioritization, Incremental Delivery, Feedbacks through Prototypes, Simulations, and Demonstrations
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 3) – Agile Contracting Methods
- Tools and Techniques – Timeboxing, Progressive Elaboration, Process Tailoring, MMF, Wideband Delphi and Planning Poker, Ideal Time, Relative Sizing / Story Points, Affinity Estimating, Iteration and Release Planning
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 1) – Value-Based Decomposition and Prioritization, Time, Budget, and Cost Estimation
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 2) – Value-Based Analysis, Agile Charters, Business Case Development
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 3) – Agile Games, Agile Project Accounting Principles
- Tools and Techniques – Wireframes, Personas, User Stories / Backlogs, Story Maps, Information Radiators, Burndown / Burn Up Charts, Velocity, Agile Modeling, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, Servant Leadership
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 1) – Incorporating Stakeholder Values, Stakeholder Management, Communication Management, Active Listening, Leadership Tools and Techniques
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 2) – Facilitation Methods, Distributed Teams, Participatory Decision Making
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 3) – Vendor Management, Globalization, Culture, and Team Diversity
- Tools and Techniques – Adaptive Leadership, Emotional Intelligence, Daily Standups, Collocated Teams, Team Space, Agile Tooling
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 1) – Building Empowered Teams, Team Motivation, Coaching and Mentoring, Brainstorming Techniques
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 2) – Building High-Performance Teams, Distributed Teams
- Tools and Techniques – Cycle Time, Escaped Defects, Continuous Integration, Risk-Based Spike, Frequent Verification and Validation, Test-Driven Development / Test-First Development, Acceptance Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 1) – Project and Quality Standards, Problem Solving
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 3) – Failure Modes and Alternatives, Variance and Trend Analysis, Control Limits
- Tools and Techniques – Retrospectives, Process Tailoring
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 1) – Knowledge Sharing
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 2) – Process Analysis, PMI’s Code of Ethics, Continuous Improvement Processes, Self-Assessment
- Knowledge and Skills (Level 3) – Principles of Systems Thinking, Applying New Agile Practices
- Questions and Answers, Assessment, Feedback
Get the Support You Need to Launch a Successful Career
Sunview College proven methods of intelligent direction and hands on practical training allow graduates to exceed industry standards. Students are taught by qualified professionals who are in the know and hold years of teaching experience. Our student-centered philosophy ensures that all students receive the personal attention they deserve through in class training, seminars and comprehensive practical training in our established spa and student clinic.
What our Students Say
“Excellent teaching, cooperative and supportive instructor, enjoyed all the practical. I am now thinking of starting my own business. Overall, an excellent educational experience.” – Jagrati Patel, Sunview Graduate
If you’re interested in learning more and exploring whether this is the right career path for you. A helpful Sunview College Admissions Counsellor would be happy to answer any questions you have and help with everything from scheduling to financial aid
Join Sunview College To Further Your Career Today!
Become Part of the Sunview Community and Scale New Heights!