Permanent, Full Time
Anticipated Start Date: TBD
Under direct supervision, assist students, graduates and other designated clients in developing, evaluating and/or implementing career and employment plans and strategies with the end result being employment related to the student’s training. Maintain an acceptable employment rate through on-going networking and the development and maintenance of relationships with employers in the community. Establish department goals and objectives in order to maintain an acceptable employment rate of graduates employed within a specified period after program completion in accordance with college, accreditation and corporate guidelines.
Skills required for this position include:
- Building employer relationships by targeting specific industries and marketing career services
- Employing ethical placement practices which meet all regulatory and company standards.
- Maintaining contact with current employers for ongoing paid, practicum and work experience opportunities
- Following-up with current employers to ensure positions are filled and/or closed, generation of new opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining an active lead generation system to ensure sufficient job opportunities
- Participating in networking events such as Board of Trade, Chamber of Commerce and other relevant associations.
- Maintaining an active and positive relationship with employers in the community, sponsoring on-campus recruitment, participating in Career Fairs, coordinating employer presentations, attending job fairs, and distributing marketing materials to generate job leads.
- Achieving targeted minimum placement run rates as set by management.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of effective ways to promote Career Services to students, alumni, and faculty.
- Assisting all qualified graduates in their job seeking efforts by coaching students and graduates in their resume and portfolio development, career goal assessment, interviewing techniques, and personal appearance.
- Contributing to the research and analysis of employment trends in the local business community to provide the school staff and graduates with information on changes in the job market and recommending appropriate changes in the school curriculum.
- Regularly updating the current database system with new hires and graduate information.
- Maintaining an up-to-date data management system of all employer, student and graduate information.
- Completing weekly reports for management.
- Assisting with all aspects of graduation ceremonies.
- Performing all duties inherent in a Career Services Representative / Professional Technical role. May be assigned other duties and special projects as required
University degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience – from an accredited educational institution.
1 year to 3 years in a similar role, private education industry experience is an asset
To inquire, please contact email@example.com.